Big Canoe Chapel is prayerfully seeking a Senior Pastor. We have a rich history in the Big Canoe Community located in Georgia’s foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. As we move forward into the future God has for our multi-denominational Chapel, we seek a Senior Pastor who will grow with us, guide us, and keep our focus on the Lord.
Review the Senior Pastor Profile and other information provided here. If you know someone whom you would like to recommend or should you like to be considered as Senior Pastor of Big Canoe Chapel, please email or mail your cover letter and resume (including any video links of sermons and/or teachings) to us at the following addresses:
12081 Big Canoe
Big Canoe, GA 30143
The job opening has been posted on a nationwide pastor recruitment website for multiple denominations.
Our Search Committee is composed of 9 volunteer leaders appointed by the Board of Trustees (BOT) and commissioned by the congregation. We receive all communications concerning this process. We ask that you kindly allow sufficient time for our response. Thank you and may God bless you.
1. Candidates’ resumes are reviewed against the Senior Pastor Profile developed by the search committee; the profile resulted from the job description as well as the 2023 informational poll of the congregation.
2. Committee members research: resume details, social media, online services/sermons, and local church visits.
3. Based on mutual interest, a virtual candidate interview (zoom) is scheduled with multiple committee members to further discuss the role with a candidate.
4. Based on continuing interest in a candidate, an in-person candidate interview is scheduled, involving the entire committee.
5. The search committee selects a candidate to be recommended to the Board of Trustees for approval.
6. The Board of Trustees-approved candidate is invited to visit Big Canoe for an “in-view-of-a-call” weekend, including informal gatherings, tours, meetings with leadership, biographical information for the congregants, and sermon delivery to Sunday worship services.
7. Immediately following the Sunday worship services, a congregational vote confirms approval of the recommended candidate.
8. Following a vote of approval, the Board of Trustees issues a call to the candidate to fill the role of Senior Pastor.